Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Together Forever!!!



On July 2, 2010 Joel and I were sealed in the Oquirrh Mountain Temple. We have been asked why this temple...well there are a couple of reasons.


When we went to the Draper Temple open house the directions paper said there would be a temple over by the Bangerter Highway. It said the temple would be called Ogre Mountain. We thought that was funny and definitely unique-which put it in the ranking for our sealing. Then when the open house for that temple finally came we found out someone had just misspelled it (which wouldn't be hard to do). It was the Oquirrh Mountain Temple.




We went there one day and walked around before it was open and decided that we loved it. We took a lot of pictures. I think this is when we decided for sure it was where we wanted to be sealed.

Also when we went to the Oquirrh Mt. open house it was gorgeous inside. It has chandeliers in the shapes of stars (which are my favorite). It is considered the ring and star temple. This just helped reinforce that it was the temple for us to be sealed in.

This was a great experience and we loved having the family come. We missed the family that couldn't be there. We want them to be able to enjoy our experience also. So here are some pictures. The wind was blowing so hard we had to hide by the temple and couldn't go to far from it because it would blow my veil and dress. Thus there are lots of shadows on the pictures.



A picture in black and white.



We stood up on this ledge so you could see the beautiful yellow flowers.



A great example of how strong the wind was...it blew my veil up straight every time but usually the other person in the picture had to hold it down for me.

A picture with my parents.



A picture with Joel's parents.



3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the pictures! I SO would have enjoyed being there to share the day with you both, but time and money didn't allow it. That picture with your veil straight up is hilarious! That is a windy area...when we lived in Utah everyone always talked about the wind at the "point of the mountain".

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also wish I could have been there! But I will see Joel at my wedding, and perhaps Both of you at Thanksgiving, or some other holiday! I love you both!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, I found your blog address on your facebook page. Hope you don't mind if I follow your blog.

    ReplyDelete