So being pregnant, Dreams are more vivid. Well for me they are really vivid. I can't watch anything scary before bed or I can't sleep because I am scared of my dreams. So lately we just have been watching funny shows which for me is great cuz I love comedy. I did marry Joel and he has some of the best jokes and tells the best stories. He makes me laugh all the time. I love that about him.
So the show we are watching right now is My Name is Earl. It is a pretty funny show sometimes. Randy (Earl's brother) is afraid of birds any kind and it is hilarious when he sees one. So after an episode about that the next night or so I had a dream. In my dream, we were in labor and when they brought the baby to show me it was a beautiful baby then it became a bird and it had a beak. I turned to Joel and was like "Is he supposed to look like this?" Joel says to me, "Yes, they all look like this." I turn to the bird/baby and say "but it has a beak." Joel says "just give it a kiss." I turn to give the bird a kiss...and I wake up. LOL I was so glad I didn't have t0 kiss the bird.
Another dream I had that was kind of funny was just the other night. I went through labor and it wasn't too bad (wishful thinking) and then they give me the baby and he isn't doing anything or even look like he is alive. I turn to Joel and the nurse and ask, "Is he ok?" They both say, "Yes but you forgot to turn on the power." I look at them like they are crazy. They tell me it is on the top of the head. Sure enough there is a red button saying power on top...so I press it and suddenly the baby is screaming and crying. Then I wake up.
Then also I have had a couple dreams of Joel delivering the baby...he doesn't like those dreams.
I have had a lot more but can't remember them as well anymore. It is crazy because my dreams seem so real. I wake up and expect it to be happening. I am just glad that I can sleep all night besides a few bathroom trips.
So the show we are watching right now is My Name is Earl. It is a pretty funny show sometimes. Randy (Earl's brother) is afraid of birds any kind and it is hilarious when he sees one. So after an episode about that the next night or so I had a dream. In my dream, we were in labor and when they brought the baby to show me it was a beautiful baby then it became a bird and it had a beak. I turned to Joel and was like "Is he supposed to look like this?" Joel says to me, "Yes, they all look like this." I turn to the bird/baby and say "but it has a beak." Joel says "just give it a kiss." I turn to give the bird a kiss...and I wake up. LOL I was so glad I didn't have t0 kiss the bird.
Another dream I had that was kind of funny was just the other night. I went through labor and it wasn't too bad (wishful thinking) and then they give me the baby and he isn't doing anything or even look like he is alive. I turn to Joel and the nurse and ask, "Is he ok?" They both say, "Yes but you forgot to turn on the power." I look at them like they are crazy. They tell me it is on the top of the head. Sure enough there is a red button saying power on top...so I press it and suddenly the baby is screaming and crying. Then I wake up.
Then also I have had a couple dreams of Joel delivering the baby...he doesn't like those dreams.
I have had a lot more but can't remember them as well anymore. It is crazy because my dreams seem so real. I wake up and expect it to be happening. I am just glad that I can sleep all night besides a few bathroom trips.
I used to have lots of vivid dreams and baby dreams during my pregnancies too. The bird story cracked me up. I can totally see Joel saying that.
ReplyDeleteI'll have the most vivid dreams too. Sometimes I'll dream that someone is in my room, and then I'll wake up. But I am freaked out because it seemed so real that it takes me awhile to figure out if it was real or not. Not fun, especially when Cam is at work and I'm home alone with the girls.
ReplyDeleteHow are you feeling? Are you ready? I'm counting down the weeks. Only about 3 weeks till I have the C-section scheduled. Yikes!
I think that pregnancy dreams are pretty vivid for most ladies! Mine sure have been, and they have been odd like that too.
ReplyDeleteMost have not been about the babies until lately, but I still have been waking up thinking that was odd! The funny thing to me is that Ben is having vivid sympathy pregnancy dreams. He wakes up almost everyday saying that he had a weird dream! He never used to do that!