On my doctor appt Friday 8 I was still at a 2 and 70% effaced. So the doctor stripped the membranes. All weekend I thought we would have the little guy. Nope. So I just decided it wasn't happening on its own I would have to wait till I was induced on Friday 15. Which was too bad because I didn't want to go to work at all that week. Monday I went to work which was good because I was BUSY! That night after dinner my water broke. Joel was at work and Orin and I were at home. When people say their water broke I thought it was just a one time break nope it just kept dripping. Lol it was like I was constantly peeing my pants. It was awful! I called my brother and he came picked up us and took me to the hospital where Joel was waiting. Orin stayed at their house. Since my contractions weren't bad I didn't get an epidural right away. We walked around the hospital and then by 11 I hadn't changed so they put me on petocin and gave me an epidural. Joel and I played cards and chatted. I enjoyed the time with Joel it was like a date lol. So the baby didn't like the contractions every time I had one his heartbeat dropped. So they put me on oxygen and took me off petocin. Then back on petocin and two hours later I had them check and I was at a 6 at 3 am. I told them I would like to have him at 3 and the nurses said its possible but not likely. At 345 i was at 10 and ready to push. He was born at 3:57 am. Gavin Allen Ricks 7 lbs 5 oz 19.5 in. This labor was 10 times easier than my first and it shows because the recovery has been a lot easier except that I have a cold/ cough. Here are some pictures of our cute boy.
Gavin and the Proud Daddy
Gavin ready to go home from the hospital.
Orin, Gavin and Daddy ( Orin loves to put his hand on Gavin's head and hold Gavin)
Orin giving Gavin a kiss on the head. He is a good big brother.
Gavin with his hair hard to see because it is blonde but it is pretty long on top. He can get a pretty sweet mohawk going on.
I am glad your recovery time was alot faster. I know that is the way it was with Austin. It took me SO long to recover after Austin...and with the other three it really wasn't bad I recovered so much faster. Which makes taking care of the baby alot better as well.
ReplyDeleteThe pictures you posted are so adorable. The one with the little dreamy smile. So cute! Can't wait to get down there and hold, cuddle and love little Gavin. Also---darling little Orin.
ReplyDeleteOh yay! Congrats! He is way too cute, and he looks like Orin, I think:) Glad you and the baby are doing well!
ReplyDeleteHe is so dang cute! And yeah, I'd say they look like brothers :P Good work, Cindy!
ReplyDeleteSo fun that we had our babies on the same night! I can't wait to see him!! Your pictures are darling. Sounds like a similar thing happened in our labors with the pitocin and then the heart rate going down. Was the cord wrapped around his neck too?
ReplyDelete