Monday, August 3, 2009

Hiking

Joel and I went hiking up by Payson Lakes this weekend. We had a good time...It was so nice up in the mountains. We hiked up by a waterfall- the Grotto. This is the view from the top of the waterfall.





We then drove like twenty more miles up the mountain to a site called Devil's Kitchen. They call it the little Bryce Canyon. It was a pretty cool outlook. The only problem we couldn't go down and actually hike around the rock formations. It was fenced off.




We had a picnic then were on our way back down the mountain....here is a picture of Joel right before. It is the famous Joel look. =) I have like a million pictures of him making this face...I just love it!




On our drive down the mountain, we saw cows everywhere...even on the road. It felt like we were back in Idaho.




4 comments:

  1. Looks like a great hike! Beautiful---except for Joel's famous face of course!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what!! well what happined is I tried tipping over one of those cows and instead I just ran into the side of it... this was the side effects =D

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks like Southern Utah near Zion's Park. I love the red rock. The cows crossing is quite funny. It does remind me of Idaho. Here we don't see many cows but lots of horses. Glad you had a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks! It was just like a tiny Zion's Park hidden in the mountain.

    ReplyDelete