Sunday, January 2, 2011

2nd Year Anniversary


Today is our 2nd Anniversary. We mostly celebrated yesterday since today is a Sunday. We went to PF Changs. It was delicious but made Joel sick. So our original plans got changed. We were going to go to the conference center in Salt Lake and go to the program Savior of the World. Instead we came home and watched a couple movies. It really didn't matter what we did it was just nice to be able to spend some time together.

Today we went to church and taught our new primary class which hopefully will be a little calmer than our last one. They seemed pretty good...but we will have to wait and see. We then went to my friend's baby's blessing. Babies are so cute in their little white outfits. It made me pretty excited that later on in this year Joel will be blessing our baby:)

I made a special cheesecake for our anniversary. I had never made it but it was delicious.

Here is a picture of it before I had finished it. It is Lime-Coconut Cheesecake. I found it on one of my favorite food blogs called Our Best Bites.



Joel wanted to show me how well coconut burns. So I put some cream in the center and here are our 2 candles for our 2nd Anniversary. We blew them out just like it was our birthday.



This is what we decided to get for our anniversary.
It is called "The Lord is My Shepherd" by Simon Dewey.


I told Joel I wanted a picture and he picked this one out. I love it!
It has been a wonderful Anniversary. We spent all weekend together...my favorite kind of weekend. We even stayed up late on New Year's Eve. We made Divinity and other Christmas treats since we didn't before Christmas. Joel has been loving the divinity!

2 comments:

  1. I love that picture too. It is a favorite of mine, but one that I do not own (yet). I'm glad you guys had a good weekend. You are such a cute couple.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy cheesecake! Happy Anniversary!

    Cam and I teach primary too, and our old class was a handful. I think for most of Novemeber and December, I was counting down the weeks till I would be done teaching that class. (That's so terrible, I know.) I'm hoping this year will go better, but I have to say that this has been the most difficult calling I have ever had. Every week I think "Oh, Heavenly Father, give me strength to do this". I'm so pathetic.

    It's so funny that we are due just day's apart. But I'm just wondering, where are the pictures of your baby bump? Please tell me you are starting to show, because I am ginormous already.

    ReplyDelete