Sunday, May 20, 2012

Orin's Party (lots pictures)


Orin turned 1 year old today!!! His party was on Saturday and we had a great time. We had a great turn out and some good food. 

Orin and I before the party began. I made his shirt. It says Birthday Boy.
 Here is the cake table and some pictures of the cute birthday boy through the year.


Here is the cake Orin ate. I made this one and am pretty impressed out well it turned out for my first cake with decorating like this on it. I didn't get the picture of my banner I made him...it is lower in the post.
 

Cake for everyone else...with a dragon on it from How to train your dragon.
The theme was dragons and by it is a bowl of m&ms that we labeled as dragon eggs. :)
 

Some other decorations of dragon eggs.
 

The amazing daddy cooking on the grill with his buddy from work Pheng. 
 

Loc and Marlien.
 

 We got some balloons and they were very popular. Orin loved the balloons. 
Here my brother Scott and nephews Peyton and Casen and  niece Tasia and Orin were playing with one. 


The present table and my pictures of Orin through the year. I did it 1 min, 1 day, 1 week, 1 mon, 2 mon and so on... We also had everyone sign around his picture so he can see who was at his party.
 

Uncle Scott and Orin
 

Orin eating his dinner. He is such a good eater he ate all of it except only half of the hotdog. 
 

Everyone getting some good food. :)
 

My friend Sarah. She was amazing and helped me so much with getting the food ready and cleaned up. Thanks Sarah!
 

Pinata hitting. I have a video of Orin but didn't get a picture of him. so maybe I will add it later.
This is Brennon hitting it.
 

Peyton hitting the pinata.
 

Casen knocked it down.
 

Orin after picking up lots of candy...luckily he ate none of it. 
 

Orin hit the jackpot with gifts! He got some sweet toys and clothes.
 

He loves this dog. He kept laying on it when he is tired. This is the closest he will ever get to having a dog.
 

 Orin just happy about his toys.



Here Orin with his cake. He was excited about the candle. He didn't blow it out though he just kept blowing up instead of out.


Orin didn't really dig into it. He just would grab a bit and put it in his mouth.  We had to give him a spoon to get it actually ate. 
 

Orin loving the frosting. 
 

Uncle Lance who took most of the pictures for us. Thanks Lance!!  Also if you look behind you can see the sweet banner I made that says HAPPY BIRTHDAY ORIN.


My sweet birthday boy who was getting tired.
 

Happy Birthday Orin!!!

3 comments:

  1. Wow! I am impressed with all the decorations and work that you put into the party! You are so creative. I love the pictures, 1 min, 1 day, etc. That is awesome. Our kids 1st birthdays were all very low-key, but this is really awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Orin!! Wow time flies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! What an awesome party. I'm impressed with all the craftiness, everything was homemade.

    Happy birthday Orin!

    ReplyDelete