Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Memorial Day


 This Memorial day weekend was very eventful. We planted our garden. This picture below is of the plants that weren't from seed. We planted tomatoes, peppers, green beans, carrots, zucchini, and cucumbers. Right after we finished planting Joel was sick. He had a fever and did not feel well. He had a fever all Monday and Tuesday. It went all the way up to 104 degrees but mostly was at 102 most of the time. I was VERY worried about him. Especially on Tuesday when I had to go back to work. Luckily Tuesday about 3 pm his fever went down to 99 degrees.


This is the picture of my cilantro. It is growing nicely - thanks to Joel for remembering to water it for me. 


Here is Orin playing inside when I was on the deck. He thought it was funny to look at me through the door.
 

This is the banana pepper plant we bought from Wal-Mart that already had the peppers on it. I was so excited they are almost ready to pick.
 
  

My brother David is in the navy and he is out on deployment and he sent Orin some shirts from where he has visited.  Here he is in one of them.


So Orin had an allergic reaction to his antibiotic on Sunday and if you look at his face it has a rash on the cheeks. I know his cheeks are red alot of the time but this time it is the rash. He also had it all over his body and a white spot on his tongue.  So they gave us a new antibiotic and he is doing much better. 
 

He is better and the rash is gone now. This is a cute picture of him laughing at Joel.
 

I told Orin to model for me for Uncle David. This is what I got.
 

 Orin in his birthday shirt from the grandparents.


Orin only has 4 teeth but he showed me how he can bite into a chicken patty all on his own today. We went to sliders and I cut up half a chicken patty for him and then he found the part not cut up and he just grabbed it and started biting right out of it. I guess my baby is growing up. I don't have to cut his food up as little as before...at least with some things. 


2 comments:

  1. Wow, nice garden! We keep saying we need to plant a garden but haven't yet.

    Lexi is allergic to penicillin too. And Colton is on antibiotics for his ear infections too. Our little boys must be kindred spirits or something.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I have been trying to talk Joel into a garden since we got married and this year it finally worked :). They really are- it is too bad they have ear infections. They are no fun!

      Delete