Friday, September 14, 2012

Family Update

So decided to do a little family update.

Joel likes his new job and is enjoying the sleeping in that he gets most days except when Orin wakes up early. But they have it down to where they sleep in until usually 9 or later. Joel likes that he can work some overtime at this job to save up for our new little baby.  His new interest these days is Dave Ramsey. He always is listening to Dave Ramsey or working on the computer on Quicken to get our budget in line so we can get out of debt. Lately it is rare to see Joel playing games and I have to admit I love it! We have been spending a lot more time together since he started this new job and it has been pretty wonderful. Joel is teaching Orin a lot of words and they play games together. Orin sure does love his Daddy time. This is the picture Joel gave me when I told him I wanted to put it on the blog. LOL That is how he looks in most pictures.Oh and he is growing his beard for our Halloween costumes...which will be a surprise that Joel came up with. :)



Orin is growing up so much and learning so much. He still loves to be read to and loves to color. Except we learned he can't color inside because he drew on the chair. Luckily it was just a folding chair and not important.  He is learning so many words. It can take him a bit to get it down but once he does he will say it over and over. Yesterday Joel taught him how to say battery. He has learned how to say puppy, please, mommy, daddy, bye, hi, more and he loves to mimic you when you talk. He loves to throw balls and go get them. He now sleeps in his own bed...which has been good for our sleep. We took him off the bottle last month. He loves to eat! He needs a haircut again it is getting a little shaggy which you can see in the pictures. He loves corn on the cob even though he only has 6 teeth. He gets into everything. He loves to play with the cans from the pantry. He loves to give kisses and hugs. He is a very loving little boy.

Here is our cute little boy. 
Just ate his first oreo and loved the frosting.
He fell and got a cut on his forehead which you can see in this picture.
He is fixing the truck in this picture.
At work they put my name on my door so now I am official :)



Here is the picture of me. I went to the doctor today for our checkup and everything looks good. The baby's heartbeat sounded good it was 152 beats. We are 17 1/2 weeks.  We scheduled our ultrasound for October 9 which is so far away and I will be 21 weeks but they were so booked that was the next available date. So we have to wait. I have been feeling pretty good now not as sick as before but some days I don't do so well. I have a lot more energy with this baby which is nice and I can work out and I feel a ton better the days I do. I am hoping I can gain less weight than I did with Orin since with Orin I gained 60 lbs and this one I haven't hardly gained any but I have been pretty sick some days (which I hope goes away but today is one of those not feeling good days). I have had lots of cravings and pickles are my favorite at the moment already been through 4 almost 5 jars. Lately I have been craving things with cheese...such as manicotti which is what's for dinner. :)

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the update! It's always good to hear how you guys are doing. I am feeling a lot better too. It is a good stage! I still have sick days sometimes too though. Orin is such a cutie. He will be such a good big brother. That's funny that Joel is into Dave Ramsey and not playing games! So unlike him! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, Joel comes by it naturally----a chip off the old block!
    Orin has a little scar on his head in the same place as his daddy's! :)
    You look good Cindy, glad you are feeling better

    ReplyDelete