Joel graduated from Mountainland Applied Technical College (MATC) this Thursday. We both were very excited!! Joel had been going to school there for the past 13 months every Mon-Thurs from 6 pm to 9 pm. This has made for a long year of seeing each other very little. He received his Composite Technician Certificate. He has been studying the same thing that he does at work. Here is a picture of him right before it started.
During the ceremony, I took a picture but it didn't turn out the lighting was so bad.
Here is Joel afterwards with his certificate holder. (He receives the actual certificate next week.)
Here we both are!! We were so glad to be done with this class...no more drives to American Fork everyday. Except we decided to celebrate and we went to Texas Roadhouse for dinner (which is in Lehi.) It was delicious!!!
For Joel's class his final project was something he could make that would be useful in his life and that looked good. I always told Joel I want a bat to protect myself for if someone broke into our house. So he decided to make a bat. Here is a picture of the bat he made.
The bat looks amazing!! It is made of carbon fiber and weighs about 20 ounces. I am really impressed how Joel decides he is going to make something and then he makes it happen.
Here is a picture of Joel with his bat.
After he graduated and his bat was graded we decided that we were going to see how well it works. Luckily we live right next to a baseball field. So we went and tried it out. Here Joel is ready for the ball...too bad I can't throw very well.
No comments:
Post a Comment