Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Mike and Mj Visit

Mike and Mj came down and visited us this last weekend. We watched the kids while they went to Mj's cousin's wedding in South Jordan. We had a good time. I had to pull out all of my kids movies- which is only 6. We watched most of them through out the whole weekend. I discovered the kids love to try on hats. Here is a picture of Austin wearing Joel's hat.



He really liked wearing it. Here is a picture of Abby wearing the hat. If you look closely she has a big grin on her face. But when I bent down to take a better picture she took it off.



Then they found this hat from one of my porcelain dolls. Austin laughed really hard when he put it on...then was shy and took it off.



Abby looks pretty cute with it on...too bad she wouldn't smile with it on. Since we watched them they started to get pretty comfortable with me. Abby let me pick her up a lot (usually I never get to pick her up with out a dirty look.) She actually insisted for me to pick her up.
It was really cute.



Saturday afternoon we went on a drive up to Devil's Kitchen for a little hike. Here is one of the look out points over the valley.



The pictures are really dark because it was cloudy and started to rain. Here is Joel and I in front of the Devil's kitchen.



Here is Mike, Mj, Eli, Austin and Abby. They are such a cute little family.



Here is Abby and I. She was happy I was holding her just not about Joel taking the picture. She tends to give Joel that look a lot...it is hilarious! Also it was raining on us in this picture.



Here we are hiding under the tree and tickling Abby.


After we finished the 5 min hike, we stopped to eat our lunch. Sandwiches and watermelon and carrots. It started to rain more so we hid by the big tree. Which was probably not that smart because then it started to thunder. I don't remember seeing any lightning. We all finished our lunch except Abby who insisted on holding her lunch. Here she is holding it all so she can finish it before we left.



We had a great visit with Mike and Mj. Joel and Mike played games later that night and Mj and me went to the fabric store and sat around chatting. We got some black out material to make some black out curtains...so maybe when I finish those I will post it.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fun weekend. I'm sure it was a great help to them for you to watch the kids too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah it was thanks for watching the kids..we had a great weekend. I love the face Abby is making at Joel that is great! I am still not sure what Joel did to deserve that look in the first place.

    ReplyDelete