Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Color of Festival

This last Saturday was the Color Festival at the Krishna Temple near our house. We have wanted to go every year since we moved to Salem but we always end up being out of town. Luckily, this year we were in town. Since I am pregnant we didn't want to risk anything since it can be hard to breath with all the chalk in the air so I wore a breathing mask. It worked wonderful I didn't taste the chalk at all...I can't say the same for Joel and Sarah.

Here I am with my mask at the beginning of the festival.



If you notice I only have a little bit of color in the picture above...it all changes. Here is a picture of Joel tossing some chalk on me.




The festival is to celebrate the ending of winter and beginning of spring. Here is a picture of Joel. He was loving throwing the chalk at everyone around him. Everyone was loving throwing it back at him.


Here we both are :) We had a great time!



Here is a picture of Sarah (my friend) and me. I was posing to show off my baby belly. Everyone kept throwing the chalk in Sarah's face so she was covered.



Here are the three of us :)




We had such a good time throwing the chalk. Sometimes it is so much fun to get dirty...I understand why kids want to play in the mud. I had a lot of fun but by the time we went home I was exhausted. We walked up the hill to the temple and then stood on the hill and then walked home. By the time we got home I was so tired.

1 comment:

  1. I've never heard of that before. It sounds like fun though! I totally know what you mean about getting worn out, a trip to the mall pretty much does me in. Love the baby belly!

    ReplyDelete