So we decided that we are going to start getting the baby's room ready since we will probably still be in this house when we have him unless something happens and it goes quickly. Which I am still hoping!
So this weekend we put up the curtains in his room.
I also made some blocks with his name. I think they turned out pretty cute. I used my new cricut that I got for Christmas (which I love!)
We plan on naming him Orin after Joel's Grandpa Ricks. We actually decided his name before we even got pregnant. So his name will be Orin Joel Ricks.
I want to put something on the wall but I haven't decided what yet. Also I was planning on putting up some kind of cute border like a saying I was thinking maybe twinkle twinkle little star but Joel said I couldn't do that till we move to a new house and know we will be there for a long while. So I am not sure when I will get to do that.
So just 9 weeks left....it is crazy how fast that can come. I am definitely ready. I am starting to feel off balance. It is starting to get difficult to get off our couch. I can't close the recliner so I end up just sliding down the recliner (luckily its leather) until my feet hit the ground and I can get up.
It makes Joel laugh. I also like to grab Joel's pants as he gets up so he pulls me up too. :) He is very helpful and kind especially since I have been really moody lately. I think the nesting is definitely hitting me lately all I want to do is get ready because I never know when Orin will actually decide to make his appearance. I am not sure if this is how others feel but I definitely want to be ready.
Cute---I especially like the blocks. They are so nice. You did a great job. You are really getting ready. Nice!!!
ReplyDeleteCute! Your way ahead of me. I have a list a mile long of things that I should work on before the baby comes, and have little to no desire to get it done yet.
ReplyDeleteI totally know what you mean about it getting hard to get up. Every morning when it's time to get out of bed, I have to spend a few minutes just psyching myself up to use all my strength to climb out of bed.
Thanks! I really enjoyed getting it ready...now I just go in there to look at it.
ReplyDelete